Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Updates to my Poker Blog (among others), Live Poker, Vegas, Tournaments...

First, PokerStars has cancelled their Twitter and Facebook leagues.

Update Regarding Facebook and Twitter Poker Leagues 
Please be advised that we have cancelled all of these tournaments for the rest of the year and as such we ask that you remove any links pertaining to these league with immediate effect.
This probably has a LOT to do with Black Friday (when the major poker sites shutdown in the US market) but hopefully we'll see them re-emerge once PokerStars is back in the US.  My predictions are within a year, give or take 6 months.  Trust me, I'll be at the forefront of the pack as soon as they land, and you'll hear about it here!

I've updated my links, my banners for PokerStars, PokerStars.BE (Belgium), PokerStars.FR (France), and PokerStars.IT (Italy) ...  Sign up through one of the links and I will soon be able to translate this blog into more lanuages.

I was on Vacation for over a week, which is an eternity to a workaholic like myself, so I got to play several degen sessions over the past week! I played just about every game spread except for Stud this week, with sessions of 14 hours, followed by 27 hours, followed by 23 hours.  That's a lot of poker in just 3 sessions!  But believe me, there may be worse degens out there ;) (but not by much apparently)  Just because I CAN play for so many hours with a profit, it's TOTALLY not worth it, and I don't recommend it.  Personally, I will be enforcing good habits of a break every 3 to 4 hours at least.  Small sessions are often profitable, in my experience.  Having just moved to Las Vegas on Nov 1, I'm still developing my live poker bankroll management, and general battle plan.  Next up will be some Tournament scheduling....
I played at MGM, Tropicana, Aria, Bills, Planet Hollywood, Palms, and possibly other places if I dig through my memory enough ;)
Catching up on everything took a bit longer than expected, so I'll keep this short, and get into some detailed posts this week, if not crushed at work.  Programming is starting to take a front seat, and I have quite a few ideas for apps that will interest Poker Players overall. :)  See you all soon, whether it be virtually, or on the felts in Vegas!
Post a Comment