Monday, August 16, 2010

Following in Boku87's tracks.. MTT and SnG successes on PokerStars

Long ago, I should have accepted that I am much better at tournaments than cash games, and not been so stubborn about making sure I learn to master cash as well. It's been a grueling 6 months in Cash, with taking shots and failing, doing well then being crushed in 1/10th of the time it took me to do well, etc.. Less than stellar results.
Upon returning my focus to Multi-Table Tournaments, and Sit and Go's, I have been doing very well. My ITM% is up to 24% over the past 4 months. My full tracking OPR it has gone up from 13% to 17%. I have cashed 2 to 6 times a day every day in August.
I happily play 6 to 10 tournaments at a time, and it's much more entertaining than the mundane and annoying roller coaster of grinding cash tables!
I'm a lot closer to being able to grind a volume that makes it worthwhile, but for now, trying to grind out an hourly that is worth it, just doesn't compare to playing tournaments and sngs.
More later.. Lot of topics to cover about the differences between Cash and Tournaments, and why people are good at one or the other but usually not both.
Post a Comment