Monday, February 8, 2010

Negativity and not letting it affect you...



So my stats. They suck. Like, real bad. But, I know I'm a way better poker player than I was back when I had a good graph, when I was turning $50 into $450 live. When I came in 8th of 100 in my first ever live tournament.
It's not easy, to be insulated from the negative things people say when they view my PTR which shows a nice ski slope down to negative $1100. (linked here) It'll look like a ski jump for the next week with the little upswing at the end, but that's another story!

I guess it's natural for people to be "naysayers". Everyone who was successful at anything has come across them, whether they be family, friends, competitors, or the public at large. I was always taught if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. And it's been a healthy manner to learn. People do well under psoitive reinforcment. Most people. There are always exceptions to every rule. :)

However, Never EVER let that affect you. Be yourself. Find your own path. Only you can make the choices that are right for you. If you decide on a different path, you can always change it. We all have Freewill! (Rush - Freewill)

Are you strong enough to share your worst experiences along the way of your chosen path? It's not easy sometimes, but I do my best. I will show all my mistakes and stumbles along the way in the hopes that it helps those that need it, and entertains those that just want to follow the story. The story of our lives.
Hint: most of the lessons I have learned in Poker apply to Life as well. Feel free to use them as you wish.

For now, here is a better snapshot of recent HEM stats. (past 3 days, and first week in Feb)
I will follow this up with a complete FUGLY picture of my overall stats since last summer... WARNING: it's horrid and may have all but the most faithful become doubtful of my journey .. :D
Post a Comment