Friday, January 8, 2010

WBCOOP, Live Poker, Throwing out the books!

WBCOOP! (Won't Bet Chips Out Of Position...) hehe, just kidding...

It's the World Blogger Championship of Online Poker :)

Sounds like it is going to be fun! Can't wait! I shall do my best to represent.

I played some Live Poker last night, about a dozen players, 3 places paid. I took 2nd. It was only $20 to enter, and I won $60 for my efforts, and ended up spending it on a motel room so I could get a good nights sleep ;) so a break even vacation? That works.
And I got it in good on the last hand which would have given me the lead...
Ace Queen vs Queen 10 ! He sucked out with a flush. It was either that, or 10 10, or runner runner runner runner :P I think I figured out later I was only about a 70 percent favorite. Thanks to whomever helped me on Twitter with that on the way home :)

I had to get away from thinking too much while playing, adding to my impatience, etc... No HE, no table ninja, no HUD, no books, no "play this way only" etc... and I did fine! Stop playing when I get tired, take a nap, etc... and everything will be just fine. I played a couple Sit N Goes too, and got a 2nd and a 3rd. If I'm going to play those, based on the time involved, I'm going to play a little larger ones.

I'll have to look into just how much *I* can make at SnG's... not someone else, but me. It's good to know these things.

It has been interesting to see how many people have resolutions for the New Year.

I am trying a new Bankroll Challenge to go with my current one. Racing with a couple others on Twitter, and you can follow with topic #bankrollcontest

That's it for now, more tomorrow.
Post a Comment