Wednesday, November 11, 2009

WSOP Final Table Logos, etc

Poker Deals and Final Tables (like this one from Poker News Daily) are kind of, you know, funny. Your average Poker player may be all about the money, but not this one. Can you imagine if Racing teams jumped from Driver to Driver based on whether they were in the running for the championship or not? Sounds crazy, huh?
If I sign with a sponsor, it won't be a light decision. I won't endorse a product I don't believe in. Just like the good old days. There are always exceptions, but I for one, will not be sacrificing my integrity to reperesent something I don't believe in. They say I'm a good salesman, but that's not a job I ever went for, because I would have to believe in whatever I sold. I'll save my convincing for important things like encouraging people Be themselves, and to Believe in themselves!
I know one thing. I applaud Darvin Moon for not taking deals that didn't suit him. How often have you seen someone compromise what they believe in, just for the quick buck? It's refreshing to see something different.

That reminds me though of something I wanted to post about.. the Paradox of needing a sponsor when you have the ability but are poor, or not yet established, yet when you are established enough to garner the proper attention, you are often capable enough to no longer NEED a sponsor! Life is full of paradoxes like this.. and thus the name of my blog!
Post a Comment