Saturday, September 5, 2009

Tournaments this week, and the WCOOP

WCOOP Event 7, 1 million guaranteed hit 1.567 million, with almost 16,000 entrants... I had a good run! I had hoped to meet Vanessa Rousso on the virtual felt, but it was not to be as she was knocked out around 4400, and I around 3500.
It was a good run though, and I know the one mistake I made. I let myself be distracted. Doing so, I got involved in risking an all-in where I didn't need to. Something I've seen quite a few pros do lately, and the reason for their eventual demise in tournies where they were doing well, or at least running deep.
I'm still a relative newbie when it comes to big money tournaments, but I've trained well on Pokerstars with many a Hubble's Freeroll, and sit n goes, etc... training that will serve me well in my future.
Establishing good habits will help you a lot when you DO find yourself on tilt, distracted, not feeling well. You are more likely to make a smart play by instinct.

At the Oaks, I entered my 2nd ever live tournament, over 90 players, with 1st place getting $5,280. I was very happy with my play, and feel I made no mistakes.

I'll repost my comment from below so I don't have to type it all again, as I am no literary entertainer, yet. ;)

"I will get a couple posts up this weekend, but I got 12th in the tournament at the Oaks on Wednesday, just missing the money at 10th. If I had realized the guy I went up against had me covered, I wouldn't have risked it, even though I was way ahead with top 2 pair. He got his flush, and I did not get a boat to save me, but I have no regrets in my gameplay all night long.
Had I won that hand (which I wouldn't have risked if I didn't think I had him covered) I would certainly have been the chip leader again, and probably had a top 3 finish.
I found out later that 2 through 9th took a chop, with one person taking 1st."

I DID win an entry into the Sunday 1/4 Million tomorrow! Keep your thoughts positive, or bring the competition if you are in as well. Good Luck to anyone and everyone in the tournament.
Post a Comment